Congratulations to all of the recent Sigma Tau Delta Graduates! As you make the transition from active student member to an alum of the Society, we would like to share our newest feature with you: an alumni suggestion box.
In an effort to better serve alumni and take into consideration the needs of all alumni, we have implemented an Alumni Suggestion Box. This should be used to submit questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions for what you’d like to see happening with alumni within the Society. Please submit and the Alumni Representative will work with the Central Office and Board of Directors to do what is within their power to address the suggestion.
In addition to this new suggestion box, we encourage all alumni to review our blog for graduates, “I’m Graduating, Now What? Alumni Opportunities with Sigma Tau Delta,” which details all of the ways alumni can continue to engage with the Society after graduation, including the new Sigma Tau Delta Discord Server. Join our thriving community on Discord for writing and academic support, book recommendations, networking, and general comradery.
Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society, was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University. The Society strives to
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
With over 900 active chapters located in the United States and abroad, there are more than 1,000 Faculty Advisors, and approximately 9,000 members inducted annually.
Sigma Tau Delta also recognizes the accomplishments of professional writers who have contributed to the fields of language and literature.
Sigma Tau Delta accepts submissions to our blog, WORDY by Nature, throughout the year from all membership categories (students, Advisors, and alumni). If you are interested in submitting a blog, please read the Suggested Guidelines on our website to check if your topic is a good fit and to verify your article is correctly formatted. Email any questions and all submissions to: [email protected].