If you are a chapter that traditionally enrolls new members in the spring, here are a few tips:
- Start early. Enrolling new members in January and February ensures students have more opportunity to participate in your local chapter activities and in Society-wide awards and events.
- Reach out to eligible students outside of your English Department.
- Contact other faculty and departments to let them know about Sigma Tau Delta.
- Host an event such as a scavenger hunt or a fun reading of someone’s work. Offer snacks and / or extra credit.
- Reach out to your university’s PR department or school newspaper to see if they’d run a story about an event you’re hosting or interview a student who has participated in the convention or Society programs.
- Use Write Away’s invite enrollment feature to manage to gather student’s information and fees.
- Membership enrollment can occur at any time before your chapter induction.
- Place your orders for graduation merchandise early to avoid shipping delays.
Plan to Attend the Convention
- Register a group of students to attend the 2023 Convention in Denver, March 29 – April 1. Lowest rates are available through January 17.